Whether it’s lemons, limes, oranges or even mandarins – I’m a huge fan!
I love my salad dressings to be heavy on the acid. I like my lemon tarts to be as tart as they can be. And I love, love, love lemon gelato. So as you can imagine, I loved this theme.
I’ve been following this blog for quite some time and when she posted the recipe for this gorgeous treat, I knew I had to make them one day…..and today was the day…..
Lemon, Yoghurt and Coconut Cupcakes
Cookbook: Tartelette Blog
2 eggs | 1/2 cup sugar | 3/4 cup olive oil | 1 cup yoghurt | zest/juice lemon | 1 cup rice flour | 1/2 cup plain flour | 1/2 cup desicated coconut | 1 tbsp baking powder | pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
- Whisk together eggs and sugar until light and fluffy, adding in olive oil, yoghurt and the zest and juice a a lemon. Once mixed add the flours, coconut, baking powder and salt and mix until smooth.
- Fill cupcake papers no more than 2/3 of the way.
- Cook for approximately 15-20 minutes.
For the frosting | 115g unsalted butter, room temperature | 230g cream cheese, room | temperature | 2 cups of icing sugar
- Whip together the butter and cream cheese then slowly add the sifted sugar.
I was a little concerned at first as the recipe calls for 1 tablespoon of baking powder…..yep, a whole tablespoon….but my mind was put to ease with the first bite....
A big lemony punch with a nice tart/sourness which I think came from the yoghurt.
The cake itself was really soft and moist (not crumbly like most cupcakes) which I think came from both the yoghurt again and the olive oil, and of course you can’t go wrong with a cream cheese frosting in my book!
Spread the world with cream cheese and all will be ok....I reckon so anyway!
Click here to check out my fellow challengers' dishes.