Brazil nuts are probably my least favourite nut, however once you read how important they are for you, especially if you're like me and have a sluggish thyroid, you'll learn to love them. I now have them most mornings crushed up on top of my yoghurt or porridge.
~ just a few of the benefits ~
- These nuts are full of monounsaturated heart-healthy fats that help to lower cholesterol and prevent cardiovascular and heart disease.
- They contain lots of health enhancing antioxidants thanks to their vitamin E content.
- One serving provides over 700% of your daily selenium intake, which is essential for immune and thyroid function.
- One serving provides 30% of your magnesium, vital for the production of protein and the absorption of energy from food, as well as helping the functioning of muscles.
- One serving gives you 25% of your copper intake, which is so important for antioxidant defenses, energy production and bone health.