I tend to eat pumpkin seeds almost every day with almost everything! I love them sprinkled into my salads and savoury dishes for a touch of crunch. And for a new spin....pureed into pesto!
They fit in with just about any dish you're making - pasta, curries and even on top of porridge.
~ just a few of the benefits ~
- They have a unique array of antioxidants which help protect your cells from the damage that can lead to chronic diseases.
- They’re a rich source of plant protein (1/4 cup = 20% of your daily-required intake).
- One of the worlds best sources of zinc, important for strengthening your immune system, balancing your blood sugar and encouraging wound healing.
- Incredible source of manganese (1/4 cup = 75% of your daily required dose), which is important for bone, nerve and thyroid function.
- As well as providing 50% of your magnesium, which is critical for enabling over three hundred different enzyme functions around the body, including the secretion of insulin and glucose – which are what give you energy.
- They are an anti-Inflammatory, help prevent osteoporosis, contain a compound that fights depression, and are particularly great for men’s health and prostate cancer prevention