The first time I tasted raw cacao, I wasn't sold. I'm really not a huge hot chocolate/cocoa powder eater/drinker as it is, so to be honest with you, I wasn't too fussed about not loving raw cacao. However, on discovering all of the amazing things raw cacao does for your body - I converted quick smart!
I can now honestly say that I love the flavour raw (real) cacao brings to baked dishes and find I can convert it into recipes as easy as pie.
~ just a few of the benefits ~
- Raw cacao is not refined (unlike cocoa powder which has been processed), meaning it still contains all of its original vitamins and minerals.
- It is one of the world’s best sources of antioxidants, protecting your cells from damage, reducing your risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke, improving circulation and lowering blood pressure.
- It lowers blood sugar levels and prevents weight gain.
- It makes you happy as it raises your levels of serotonin, acting as a natural anti-depressant.
- It is also a great source of manganese, which promotes bone, nerve and thyroidhealth.