The lovely Johanna at Green Gourmet Giraffe has nominated me for a Liebster Award. Thanks Johanna!
There are a few things involved in receiving the award, so make yourself a cuppa as this is gonna take awhile........
Write 11 random facts about yourself.
Answer the 11 interview questions you’ve been given by the person who nominated you.
Fabricate 11 new questions.
Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post.
Go and tell the person who nominated you, along with the people you’ve nominated about your post.
11 Random Facts About Me!
- I started dancing when was about 4-5 years old and continued it into my mid-20’s. I guess I got tired!
- Even though I’m a staunch Melburnian, I was actually born in New South Wales.
- I was 9 years old when my first nephew was born.
- In my 20’s I was obsessed with the TV show Buffy, and even named the car I had at the time after it.
- I love to eat chocolate, but don’t like to eat chocolate desserts.
- I hate the ocean and have to be able to touch and see the bottom when in the water.
- My bike is called Monsieur Samson (named after the bike I rode through the Normandy countryside).
- I can eat cherries until I explode.
- I walk to work every single day.
- I’m currently learning French. C’est Vrai! (It’s true)
- I love to dance all night until my feet ache.
11 Interview Questions Answered
1. Who was your childhood hero?
I’m not so sure about hero, but my idol growing up in the 80’s was Dannii Minogue from the Young Talent Time days. I so wanted to be her! I’d wear my hair like her and dance around my living room singing into my hair brush. God I thought I was good!
2. What is your favourite mechanical kitchen implement?
It’s without a doubt my Breville Food Mixer. The Queen of my kitchen (maybe that’s because my kitchen’s not much bigger than it!) I use it almost every day. Anything that says to “mix” gets thrown in there - I don’t care what it is. Why use hand power when you don’t have to, I say.
3. What is one song that you have sung in public, where did you sing it and why this particular song?
Hmmmm….what song haven’t I sung in public? Many a Madonna or Beach Boy song has been sung loud and proud from these lips. No alcohol needed!
4. What is the best costume that you have worn to a fancy dress party?
I’m not a big fan of “dress up parties” and I think it stems from attending a dress up Blue Light Disco way back in my high school days as an American cheerleader – pom poms and all, only to find my friends had decided not to dress up at all…doh!
5. What is your favourite green food?
From the humble pea to fresh spinach, asparagus, kiwi fruit, parsley…..I love it all. However, my all-time favourite would be the simple green bean.
6. What is your ideal birthday cake?
SPONGE WITH FRESH CREAM!!!!!!! I truly could eat the whole cake.
7. Do you have any giraffes in your house?
Not me sorry.
8. What fictional character used to terrify you as a child?
Freddy Krueger! The funny part is that later in high school, a friend’s brother would pick us up after school wearing the mask and glove…..it was the 80's!
9. Do you back up your blog?
10. What is your favourite vegetable or fruit that you have grown in your garden?
I started growing blueberries about 4 years ago, and it took me about two years to figure out why I wasn’t getting any fruit. I’d see them starting to grow, then poof….gone. Those pesky little birds!
11. Where did you last have a picnic and what did you eat?
I’m a sucker for eating outdoors and have been doing it all summer long – with friends in local parks with sumptuous feasts, fish and chips on the beach on a hot evening, and even a simple little sandwich and coffee on my own on my rug with my book. Last one was to celebrate my mum’s birthday at the Fitzroy Gardens where we ate my little Lemon Meringue Cupcakes (see here).
Due to how long it's taken me to do all of the above, I'm going to leave the last three Rules until another day.