Would you believe that once upon a time I was a vegetarian. I actually forget this little fact about myself as I'm now such a lover of meat. Smoother a perfectly grilled piece of steak in bernaise sauce and I'm your friend for life.
However for many years I would turn my nose up to any and all meat.
These days, I tend to eat red meat maybe 2 times a week, however chicken is steadily getting a more regular apearance in my diet. Always concerned about dry, tasteless chicken, I'm constantly on the lookout for new recipes. Quick, simple and tasty new recipes actually, and here's one I think you might like...I did!
Chilli Chicken with Hummus
coconut oil or butter, softened for frying | 4 chicken thigh fillets | 1 tsp dried chilli flakes | sea salt and black pepper, to taste | 8 tbsp hummus | 2 lege handfuls of spinach leaves (or salad leaves of your choice) | 1 lemon, halved
- Heat a frying pan on a very high heat.
- Trim fat from chicken and bash with your fist to even outtthe thickness.
- Rub with a little oil and sprinkle with chilli. Season with salt and pepper and sear with theoiled side down for 3 minutes.
- Turn ad cook for another 2-3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Smear hummus over the base of 2 plates, top with chicken and serve with the spinach leaves and lemon.
~ ~ ~