Don't you think there is something so perfect about food that can be eaten with your fingers in just one to two bites. With little bits of frosting sticking to your fingertips, waiting patiently (or sometimes not so patiently) to be licked off.
Maybe with this following confession you might find me a little strange, however the process of making these petite little morsels of food gives me huge pleasure. It's like stepping back into my childhood when I would whip up recipes for my dolls as they sat around waiting for their tea party to begin.
I bet barbie would have loved these little cupcakes instead of the "special" cupcakes made of mud and leaves that I would proudly offer to her.....maybe.....
Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes
with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
15g dark chocolate, roughly chopped | 115g unsalted butter, chopped | ⅔ cup packed brown sugar | 3 organic eggs, beaten | ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
For the Frosting | 115g cream cheese, room temperature | 55g unsalted butter, room temperature | 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder | 1¼ cup icing sugar, sifted | 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line your mini-muffin tray.
- Place roughly chopped chocolate and butter in a clean, dry bowl placed over a pot of simmering water and melt until smooth.
- Whisk in the brown sugar, then eggs, until completely smooth.
- Sift the cocoa powder into the mixture, and mix until combined.
- Fill each cupcake liner ⅔ full and bake until the tops are set, about 15 minutes.
- Let fully cool before frosting.
For the Frosting
- Combine the cream cheese and butter together in a mixer and mix until light, and fluffy. Add the cocoa powder, icing sugar and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Pipe onto completely cooled cupcakes.