Raspberries: Research has shown that these little red rubies can actually help with obesity, regulate your blood sugar levels, keep your digestive system nice and healthy AND help lower your risk of developing chronic disease. Geez....I simply ate them cause I loved the taste of them!
Did you know that just one cup of raspberries gives you a third of your daily intake of fibre, helping to keep you full for longer?
So with all of this information I’ve now put in your head, and the fact that I can tell you for a fact that they taste bloody good – the little recipe that I'm providing you with today is so worth trying.
(recipe adapted from the I Quit Sugar Website)
2 cups desiccated coconut | 2 tbsp almond butter | 2 tbsp coconut oil | 1-2 tbsp raw honey or rice malt syrup | 1 tsp vanilla extract | 1 cup raspberries | Pinch of sea salt |
Makes approximately 20 pieces
- Place coconut and almond butter into a food processor and process until it forms a buttery mixture. This should take around 2-3 minutes
- Add the coconut oil, rice malt syrup, vanilla extract and salt and process until well combined.
- Add the raspberries to the food processor and blend until smooth and well combined.
- Press the mixture firmly into a container lined with plastic wrap to ensure there are no air pockets.
- Place into the freezer for 15 minutes to allow to harden then transfer to refrigerator to store.
- Once the mixture has reached the desired firmness, cut into squares and enjoy.