What a dish.
What a simple recipe....5 gorgeous ingredients that blew the taste buds out of my mouth and put the biggest smile on my face.
Yep, I'm a simple gal!
(recipe from Petite Kitchen Blog)
1/2 cup walnuts | a block of good quality smooth feta cheese | 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil | 4 sprigs of rosemary | 2 tbsp honey or pure maple syrup or rice malt syrup |
Serves 4 with crackers or bread
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Dry roast the walnuts in a skillet over medium heat until slightly browned and fragrant. Set aside.
- Place the feta in an oven proof skillet or baking dish. Sprinkle the rosemary on top, and then drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden on top.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle with the honey, and then scatter the walnuts on top.
Smothered on top of crispbreads, this was one of the entrees I made for my brother's annual birthday feast a couple of months ago.
Have I mentioned lately what a brilliant sister I am?