“She turned to the sunlight and shook her yellow head, and whispered to her neighbor: "Winter is dead.”
- A. A. Milne, When We Were Very Young
A Spring inspired dish to celebrate this beautiful season....
½ cup polenta (not instant) | 2 ½ cups vegetable broth | 4 asparagus spears | handful snow peas | handful sugar snap peas | handful of green peas | knob of coconut oil | ¼ cup parmesan, grated | Juice of ½ lemon | sea salt
- Heat the vegetable broth (or you can simply use water) in a large saucepan until simmering. Slowly pour in the polenta in a steady slow stream, whisk in all the while to prevent clumping. Stir constantly for a few minutes, reduce heat and simmer, stirring every few minutes until cooked (as per packet instructions).
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables.
- Heat a little coconut oil in a frying pan and add the vegetables. Cook for approximately 2-3 .minutes.
- Add lemon juice and season to taste.
- Serve with parmesan sprinkled on top.