Say hello to Micha!
Micha is the lovely woman behind the blog Cookin' Mimi which focuses on traditional Southern and good old American home cooking recipes that make your family AND your wallet happy. You'll also find loads of Mexican dishes here, being that Micha a native Southern Californian.
Micha also happens to be my secret blog for this month's Secret Recipe Club.
What I enjoyed about wandering through Micha's blog is that the food she blogs about is the food she cooks and indulges in everyday - Dishes filled with love, comfort and big flavours.
My recipe this month is one that is synonymous with my childhood, and one that I fell in love with all over again whilst sitting in a little restaurant down the back streets of Bordeaux (see here).
6 organic eggs, hard boiled | 1/4 cup coconut yoghurt | 1/2 tsp dijon mustard | handful of finely chopped chives | Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper |
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise and scoop out the yolks.
- Place yolks in a bowl and mash with a fork until the size of breadcrumbs.
- Add yoghurt and mustard, season to taste and mix well until smooth and creamy. Feel free to add more creme fraiche or perhaps a squeeze of lemon, depending on your consistency.
- Place spoonfuls of the yolk mixture into the wells in the egg halves.
- Sprinkle with chives and chill before serving.
A universal recipe found on an American blog, cooked by an Australian and eaten in a French restaurant. Somehow though I don't think the French called it Deviled Eggs!